Tuesday, August 23, 2011

P90X Core Synergistics Week Seven


It has been a busy last couple days. I went back to work on Monday so needless to say the days have been long. Yesterday I got out of work at 4:00, went to the store, cooked dinner, ate, worked out and before you knew it, it was 8:00 and I was ready for bed.

Last nights work out was Core Synergistics. It is getting easier but still not one of my favorite workouts. I am seeing improvement though. I still cannot do the Plank to Chatarunga Run or the reach high and under push ups. This is definitely a core workout and that’s where I need it the most so I’m pushing as hard as I can.

Tonight was Cardio X which is one of my favorites. I was going to switch this workout with plyo but decided to wait since I just started back to work. I think this is one of the shortest workouts in the program. It seems to fly by.

Last night I also made an awesome potato salad. I wish I could take credit for it but it's from one of my fellow bloggers. I wish I could remember which one..I copied and pasted the recipe but don't remember where I got it from. Anyway here's the recipe.




Snap Potato Salad
This new twist on everyone's old favorite, potato salad, combines small, delicate new potatoes with crisp green sugar snap peas for a delectable contrast in flavors and textures.
• 2 lbs. new potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed
• ¼ lb. sugar snap peas
• ½ red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
• 1 stalk celery, finely diced
• ½ cup light mayonnaise
• ¼ cup plain nonfat yogurt
• 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
• ½ tsp. dried dill (or 2 tsp. minced fresh dill)
• ¼ tsp. salt
Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook potatoes until tender. Drain, remove from pan, and cool to room temperature. While potatoes are cooling, put a medium saucepan of water on to boil. Trim sugar snap peas by pulling off the tips and removing the "string" that runs along the side of each pod. Blanch pea pods in boiling water for about 4 minutes (they should be cooked but still crisp), drain, run under cold water, and drain again. Cut potatoes in half and place in a large bowl, then add pea pods, bell pepper, and celery to the bowl of potatoes. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, dill, and salt. Pour over potatoes and veggies and toss to mix well. Cover and chill until serving time. (Best eaten on the same day you make it.) Serves 8.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes (plus chilling time)



1 comment:

  1. Yum!! Ilove potato salad so will try this one out for sure!

    ReplyDelete