Tuesday, August 30, 2011

P90X Recovery Phase Week 8

This is the beginning Week 8 Recovery Phase!!!  I can’t believe I’m almost two months in.  What a Great workout it has been.  I have committed myself and kept with it almost every night.  If I missed a night I made up for it the next night.
I have been trying to eat clean 4 out of seven days a week and have lost 4lbs since the beginning. I love the fact that my clothes are fitting better also. 

 The workouts were so hard my first week.  But it’s amazing what the body can do.  I would have never thought two months ago that I can do the workouts I can do today.  I will not stop working out.  I can see now how difficult it was to get where I am today.  But I’m here and going to continue to go forward. 

I remember in the beginning how I used to hate the Yoga.  I didn’t look forward to it at all.  It was too long and the moves were so hard.  Well today I did Yoga X.  I can sincerely say not only did I enjoy it but I am able to do all the moves almost as well as Tony and his crew.  Sure I wish I had the muscles they have but I believe that will come in time. 

 My meals today were clean.  For breakfast I had my chocolate shakeology.  I went to Sonic for lunch and ordered the grilled chicken wrap which I believe is considered clean.


Grilled Chicken Wrap

    Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 wrap (253g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 126
Calories 390

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 14g
22%

Saturated Fat 3.5g
18%

Trans Fat 0g

Cholesterol 80mg
27%
Sodium 1420mg
59%
Total Carbohydrate 39g
13%

Dietary Fiber 2g
8%

Sugars 5g

Protein 28g


Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 17%
Iron 12%
*
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Dinner was chicken salad. 
 
I hope everyone has had a wonderful start to their week.  Until tomorrow…

8 comments:

  1. You sounds like you are in a really good place!! Love it when clothes fit right ... mine all are a tad tight at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really is amazing what our bodies can do! i am continually amazed at what my body allows me to do and when my body reaches new milestones that i never thought possible :) congrats on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your sweet comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally relate to how you feel. I was remembering my first week trying to do Ab Ripper and how I couldn't make it through any of the exercised without stopping, now I can do them all without stopping. It's amazing how our bodies change with consistent hard work and dedication. You are doing great and reaping the benefits of your hard work.

    Clean eating is hard for me. Did you notice how much sodium was in that chicken wrap? It kills me that all the fast food places put so much sodium in their food, it makes me not want to eat out at all.

    (Deleted my last comment because I wrote Cardio X instead of Ab Ripper)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lillian Thank you for your sweet comment! To be honest I didn't notice the sodium and I should have because of my high blood pressure!! It's not just the fast food restaurants. I've also noticed if you try to get something healthy at On the Border or Chili's it packed with salt. So sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of P90X and got scared when I watched the ads for it, great to read someones personal journey. Keep up the great work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, you have done a really good job so far! Isn't it great to see the improvements? Makes it all worth it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete